Friday, August 10, 2007

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise




Isn't that what Gomer Pyle used to say? Guess I'm showing my age. Anyway, I finally broke down and got Knitting Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I've started the (popular, phenomenal, genius - pick a word) Baby Surprise Jacket. For those of you not aware of the pattern - this is a little jacket that looks like some kind of wadded up dishcloth when knitting and miraculously turns into the cutest sweater ever after a few origami-type folds/seams. I was a little intimidated to try it because the pattern is written in a more intuitive, rather than descriptive, style. But ...... so far, so good.

Since it seems like I'm forever starting new knitting projects, here's finally a few pics of the multi-color sweater vest that I've posted about previously. It came out better than I had hoped.

No comments: