Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kool-Aid Results





Muted Berry and Fruit Salad. Those are the names I gave to the two hanks of yarn I dyed yesterday. I'm happy with the results and definitely learned a lot. In my haste and excitement, I think I wrapped the warp board incorrectly for Muted Berry. The yarn still unwound ok but in a weird inter-layered way...if that makes any sense. Fruit Salad I just kept a simple circle wind and that was much easier to wind back into a hank. I used Knit Picks Merino Fingering and Lion Brand Wool. Can you tell which is which? Not hard to do, I know. I posted yesterday that I should have used the title "Stained Digits" after dyeing the yarn. The picture is a little washed out but my fingers were a very bright red. Can't wait to try the process again......with gloves.

No comments: