Thursday, November 26, 2009

Knitting for Men, Pt. 2

Well, I finished the hat for my sweet husband and......he's even worn it! It wound up being just a simple 4x2 ribbed hat and I decreased in pattern so that the ribbed sections continued on all the way to the top. I used Berroco Pure Merino in Black (of course!) and I am very happy with how it came out. I love using this yarn for just about anything anyway.

Now it's on to a pair of fingerless mittens for my dear Mom who is a greeter at Wal-Mart and gets so cold every time the door opens and closes. I've chosen the Whither Mitts and will do a matching neckwarmer in the same pattern to keep her even warmer.


I'm using Lana Gatto VIP Sport which is a blend of 80% superfine merino and 20% cashmere. Yep, Mom is totally worth it!

I'm up making a few desserts for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. We've been invited to the home of some very dear friends who always include us in this holiday feast and all of us here are looking forward to the gathering. Hope you all enjoy this day of thanks wherever you are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just made my DH a Jared flood Habitat Hat. All those cables in a charcoal gray wool. Oy!